Gentleman's Chase Offers Instant Redemption
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM MST
NORMAN, OK -- There is no more satisfying redemption from a 500-plus mile bust than a gentleman's chase...when the storms come to you. In the evening hours, two lone severe thunderstorms formed to the southwest of the Oklahoma City metro and started tracking northeast towards Norman and points south.
I could not have been in better position standing on my front porch. I have an open view to the south and southeast, which is exactly where these storms passed. The optics were spectacular, with several rainbows and a few light beams coming through the clouds. I just stood on the front porch with my camera, and documented the storm as it passed. Eventually, Norman was put under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and I was forced inside due to rain, gusty winds, and some small hail. Pea to dime-sized hail fell in my back yard. We were treated to a pretty spectacular sunset as the storm pulled away, too.
Posted In: Chase Recaps
- Adventure Series: The Grandest of Snowfalls
- Adventure Series Returns for 2017
- Adventure Series, Episode 5: Andrews-Kinsey Scenic Lookout
- Adventure Series, Episode 4: Taming Sedona's Backcountry
- Adventure Series Episode 3: Sycamore Canyon/Perkinsville Road