Adventure Series Episode 1: The Mogollon Rim
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 8:25 PM MST
Our first stop on the Adventure Series is the Mogollon Rim, a 200-mile long dividing line towering as high as 8,000 feet above sea level, forming the southern edge of the Colorado Plateau. The cool breezes, spectacular views, and peaceful solitude make it an attractive getaway from the 100-plus degree temperatures in the low deserts.
Located just 2 hours from Phoenix, the Rim Road meanders 43 miles through the Coconino and Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests, featuring some of the most breathtaking views, vistas, and geology in Arizona, many of which rival those of the Grand Canyon. So hop on in and enjoy the ride.
Posted In: Adventure Series
- Adventure Series Returns for 2017
- Adventure Series, Episode 5: Andrews-Kinsey Scenic Lookout
- Adventure Series, Episode 4: Taming Sedona's Backcountry
- Adventure Series Episode 3: Sycamore Canyon/Perkinsville Road
- Adventure Series Episode 2: Grand Canyon: The Colorado River